The following is a list of past projects I've built for clients. They range from full-stack web applications to mobile and desktop applications. Each one was created as a direct response to a particular client need or requirement.
Jenn-Air for Business
Jenn-Air for Business was the next-generation of training sites built from the ground up for Jenn-Air. I was involved in every aspect of the site, from planning to data modeling to the final full-stack build in Ruby on Rails with some Angular and a custom Bootstrap implementation for branding purposes. The final application was hosted on Heroku with assets stored in AWS S3 and served with Cloudfront.
The site features a heavy focus around the brand's products and the materials related to them and a responsive design that looks great on any device, sales associates always have the full wealth of knowledge of the Jenn-Air product line at the tips of their fingers.
Other features of the site included:
- a collection of trade articles focused on details to aid in sales
- a bi-monthly newsletter that promotes the articles (sent to 10,000+ recipients)
- a registration workflow for sales associates that organically adds new dealer locations
- a custom CMS designed to build pages for products that link to any related materials
- a spec sheet generator that used the product info in the database to create a PDF on the fly
- a custom e-learning course implementation that was device agnostic
- a custom quiz interface that allows for quick assessment of individual's product knowledge
- a modular design that allows for easy expansion and augmentation in the future
- Ruby on Rails
Developed a user-centric product training site, built with Ruby on Rails, that sales associates could register, complete courses developed in-house for the client, and find product information and documents. The site also facilitated the signing of annual sales agreements and a showroom designer.
Desktop & iPad Application
BTU Watt Comparison App
The BTU Watt Comparison app uses the official efficiency equations for electric energy types to highlight equivalencies between gas and electric cooktops. The app also includes a toggle to switch between 'induction' and 'radiant' electric energy types.
The app was delivered under the Jenn-Air brand and available as a universal app for the iOS platform originally written in Objective-C and later converted to Swift.
Kitchenatomy App Store
The Kitchenatomy App Store was a custom enterprise app store, built with Ruby on Rails, created for the Kitchenatomy app and other associated iOS mobile apps that the client was not comfortable with on the App Store. Users were registered/approved, apps were available on a per role basis, and app downloads/updates were tracked by user.
- Ruby on Rails